Fitness Instructor - Medical Fitness Center
Language : English, Arabic is a Plus
Years of Experience : Minimum 02 Years Experience Spent in a Similar Job
Closing Date : 19 October 2022
To instruct and coach groups and individuals in varied exercise activities aiming to improve the health and wellbeing of all members
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations for use of exercise equipment and all MFC facilities (including the swimming pool) as well as participating in group exercise classes.
- Perform fitness assessment and design exercise prescription for members.
- Evaluate members ' abilities, needs, limitations, medical condition, and design appropriate exercise programs to meet any special requirements.
- Observe members during their exercise sessions and instruct them on proper form and technique to avoid injuries. Teach proper breathing technique during physical exertion.
- Instruct members on how to maximize benefit from exercise routines based on member goals, as well as their medical condition, overall fitness level and general wellbeing.
- Design, plan and lead safe and effective group exercise classes and aqua classes.
- Monitor member progress and adapt exercise program as needed.
- Keep daily members records to document their vital signs, progress, as well as other pertinent notes and details.
- Participate in in-house and out-reach health promotion activities as assigned by supervisor in order to emphasize the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by senior fitness instructor and head of unit.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience spent in a similar job in a reputed organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Problem- solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to communicate information and ideas effectively
- A minimum of BSc. Degree in fitness- related field such as exercise science, physical education or kinesiology - or equivalent
- Life Guard training and certification
- BLS certification