DAFNE Dietitian - DAFNE
Language : Bilingual – Arabic & English
Years of Experience : Over 05 Years of Previous Experience in the Similar Role is Required
Closing Date : 29 December 2022
To train, assist and monitor patients with Type 1 diabetes and provide the skills necessary to get the best diabetes management and practice. Provides patient education in individual and group sessions. Develops evidence –based educational material for patients and the public. Responsible for the effective coordination and assists with the daily operations of the project with the objective of facilitating high quality services to project stakeholders and patients.
- Interview patients with type 1 diabetes who are referred to join DAFNE courses
- Responsible for patient recruitment and follow-ups and calls.
- Deliver DAFNE courses for patients with type 1 diabetes: responsible for pre- and post-course preparation.
- Deliver refresh courses and workshops post DAFNE for patients and healthcare professionals.
- Provide education related to diabetes and the disease process, medication, diet, prevention and care of complications, self-monitoring, and injection technique
- Deliver training for educators, healthcare professionals either in Kuwait or abroad as necessary
- Maintain active involvement in internal and external research activities, including the publishing of articles and manuscripts in reputed journals
- Deliver posters and oral presentations at local, regional, and international symposium and conferences
- Collaborate with doctors/ medical specialist to evaluate the program annually. Confer with physicians and other health care providers in order to coordinate medical needs of patients.
- Assist and contribute to the development and assessment of policies and procedures of the DAFNE unit
- Introduce patients to pump principles and set expectations
- Follow up with DAFNE graduates through the annual visit, and run clinics on weekly basis
- Provide ongoing assessment and recommendations to the multidisciplinary team and patient for adjustments, interventions and plans including recommendations and goals, progress notes
- Assist in conducting education group sessions for patients / staff.
- Develop evidence – based educational material.
- Assist in developing and implementing at least one departmental project or service and carry out departmental duties as assigned and agreed upon.
- Maintain calendar of events and meetings and arrange booking rooms and conference facilities for courses and other events.
- Maintain and update all records in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing quarterly progress reports and updates to the workplan.
- Responsible for data entry.
- Contacting patients for labs and questionnaires
- Responsible for organizing and keeping files up to date.
- Collecting data from outside hospitals and primary care.
- Help in advertising and marketing.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Team Leader or Head of Unit
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Over 5 years of previous experience in the similar role is required
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Good communication skills in both Arabic and English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Knowledge of behavioral modification theories is desirable.
- Capable of developing educational material.
Bachelors and Masters in related medical field (nursing, dietitians, etc.)Apply for this Vacancy