Research Assistant II - Immunology & Microbiology
Language : English, Arabic is a Plus
Years of Experience : Minimum 02 Years Track Record of Lab Experience
Closing Date : 20 September 2021
Conducts research experimental tasks in the field of cellular and molecular immunology in timely fashion and contributes to multiple research projects linked to immunometabolism/ metabolic inflammation and insulin resistance/Diabetes and associated complications. Performs research functions under the direction of a scientist and/or Unit Head.
- Conducts PBMC purification, ELISA, western blotting, conventional and real-time PCR, insulin sensitivity assays, Immunostaining, flow cytometry
- Performs cell culture experiments, achieving endpoints which include inflammatory mediators and/or molecular analysis, Insulin sensitivity indicators.
- Performs experimental animal work related to the projects as needed
- Executes experimental work in collaboration with other team members
- Performs data analysis and communicates and presents scientific findings at lab. meetings
- Maintains detailed experimental records and laboratory notebook
- Troubleshoots and optimizes assays and maintains careful records
- Performs general housekeeping tasks in the laboratory
- Maintains inventory of reagents and chemicals
- Performs other duties as assigned by scientist/unit head and Liaison with institute policies
- Completes assigned tasks/targets within given deadlines
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Familiarity with general cellular biology and immunology techniques, including PCR, ELISA, cell culture, transfection, media making, etc.
- Minimum 02 years track record of lab experience.
- Should be well organized.
- Self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills.
- Flexibility required to work after regular working hours if needed.
- BSc/MSc degree in biology, immunology or life sciences