Specialist II - Public Office for Research Translations and Liaison (PORTAL)
Language : Bilingual – Arabic & English
Years of Experience : -
Closing Date : 20 September 2021
To coordinate, develop and facilitate any translational research announcements, findings and invitations for participation in projects to the general public. Develop content to engage, attract international health advisories and research institutions to invest in DDI through collaborations and funding in line with DDI policies and procedures.
Candidate should have excellent communication skills and capable to translate scientific discoveries into simplified language that the public can understand.
- Support the Head of Department to establish the framework for PORTAL including objectives, policies and procedures and authority matrix
- Coordinate with research sector, medical research departments & PR department on collecting information required for media promotions
- Develop the content scheduled for press/media release, in coordination with DDI Public Relations team (PR) to fit the medium of communication and in a manner to engage readers, investors for projects with DDI
- Secure approvals on final content meant for press/media release through approved framework, candidate should be very familiar with video editing software.
- Ensure press/media releases are screened and coordinated through the PR team and as per DDI guidelines
- Coordinate with PR external media & communication representatives (print and media) to publish highlights of research work, findings, invitations to general public concerning participating in research projects
- Support in addressing queries from the public concerning any research studies or projects or facilitate responses from the concerned departments
- Maintain database of potential investors and participants who have expressed interest in participation to research projects
- Assist in developing and coordinating, through PR, media days in DDI premises for research projects, highlights, announcements etc. Ensure coordination for media days with the Public Relations team
- Assist in coordinating internal events, lectures, workshops, research newsletters and seminars for research sector staff
- Identify opportunities, gaps with information made available through the DDI website through PR & Media and rectify it in order that translational research objectives are met
- Engage regularly with researchers to understand and be familiar with findings, studies etc in order that timely, appropriate public announcements could be prepared proactively.
- Ensure adherence to all related and institutional policies and procedures
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Proficiency with Arabic and English language (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Adaptability to multitasking
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment with many deadlines and demands
- Ability to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Multi-tasker with attention to detail
Bachelor's in communications or public relations, preference will be given to Science/Biology higher degree holders.Apply for this Vacancy