Bioinformatician - Genetics & Bioinformatics
Language : English, Arabic is a Plus
Years of Experience : 3-5 Years of Experience in the Analysis of High Throughput Next-Generation Sequence Data
Closing Date : 22 August 2021
Genetics and Bioinformatics department endeavors to delineate the genetic basis of the different types of diabetes and other metabolic disorders. The department performs genome-wide genotyping, whole-exome/genome sequencing, transcriptome-wide profiling, and epi-transcriptome-wide profiling on deeply phenotype cohorts. Population-based as well as family-based genetic association approaches are being performed. The department is committed to develop functional genomics approaches followed by translational biology.
- Play a key role within the Genetics and Bioinformatics department in developing data analysis pipelines, software development, and statistical analysis with genome-wide genotype, whole-exome/genomes, transcriptome, and epi-transcriptome data.
- Analyze a large-scale genome-wide genotype, whole-exome/genomes, transcriptome, and epi-transcriptome datasets.
- Analyze the internal data sets and publicly available large-scale genetics datasets by way of working together with other members of the department.
- Strong programming skills and good understanding of human genetics and bioinformatics pipelines.
- Perform other tasks/duties within given deadlines as assigned by Head of Unit.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- 3-5 years of experience in the analysis of high throughput next-generation sequence data.
- Solid knowledge of PERL or C or Python or R, and Unix shell.
- Familiarity with accessing the APIs of public available genome resource data.
- Familiarity with software, such as BWA, GATK and genetic variant annotation software, in relation to NGS data analysis pipelines.
- Good understanding of human genetics and interpretation of genetics/genomics data.
- Working knowledge of biostatistics.
- Peer-reviewed publication record - a minimum of three publications.
Master’s degree in bioinformatics or Computational Biology or Statistical Genetics.Apply for this Vacancy