Research Technician I - Animal & Imaging Core Facilities
Language : English, Arabic is a Plus
Years of Experience : 01-03 Years Experience in Research Laboratories
Closing Date : 24 February 2021
The objective is to carry out laboratory animals (rodent & zebrafish) feeding, housing and handling activities as per the institutional/international standards mandated for laboratory animal care and use in experimental research, teaching and testing.
Also, to assist veterinarian, as needed, in relation to ongoing projects work for high quality data acquisition, keeping in with standards elucidated by the GLP guidelines, DDI code of conduct and animal research ethical principles and guidelines.
- Monitor animal stocks for soundness, good health and welfare through animal health observation on daily basis
- Maintain accurate records of animal breeding, health, housing, isolator, quarantine or support areas as required by the facility standards
- Assist veterinarian in performing surgical procedures on animals
- Maintain required attendance level to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned tasks and duties
- Assist the immediate supervisor or facility veterinarian with animal restraint, breeding/ weaning procedures, and experimental manipulations.
- Complete assigned work/tasks within given deadlines
- Importantly, work will also include weekends/holidays visits to the animal facility to provide feed/water to animals and zebrafish
- Perform any other related work as assigned by the facility veterinarian or manger
Safety Measures Compliance:
- Observance of mandated polices and procedures for personnel entry in the animal facility and use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Use of equipment and supplies according to safety guidelines and perform general housekeeping tasks
- Review, comprehend and comply to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Assurance (QA) standards for laboratory animal research
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Lab animal handling experience
- Qualifying the CITI online training course
- Qualifying ALAT (Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician) and LAT (Laboratory Animal Technician) certification exams as part of AALAS (American Association for Laboratory Animal Science) accreditation requirement
Diploma or Bachelor (B.Sc.) in related field be preferred with 1-3 years’ experience in research laboratories.