Coordinator II - Clinical Trials unit
Language : Bilingual – Arabic & English
Years of Experience : Minimum 03 Years
Closing Date : 2 March 2021
A research coordinator facilitates and coordinates the daily clinical study activities. This entails preparation of study documents, submission to the Ethics Review Committee, recruiting and coordinating research participants, and managing all study documents.
- Recruits and coordinates research participants and accommodate them.
- Reviews and develops a familiarity with the protocol, e.g., study proceedings and timelines, inclusion and exclusion criteria, and confidentiality.
- Attends investigator meetings as required or requested by the PI.
- Translates study documents as requested.
- Acts as liaison with the Ethics Research Committee (ERC). This includes preparing and submitting study documents (such as progress reports) to the ERC.
- Prepares other study materials as requested by the PI. These study materials include but are not limited to: the informed consent document, case report forms (CRFs), and other data collection tools.
- Establishes and organizes study files, including but not limited to: regulatory binders, study specific source documentation and other materials.
- Assists in preparation of all documents related to the informed consent process.
- Conducts the informed consent process with research participants, including answering any questions related to the study. Obtains appropriate signatures and dates on forms in appropriate places. Assures that amended consent forms are appropriately implemented and signed.
- Screens subjects for eligibility using protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria, documenting each potential participant’s eligibility or exclusion.
- Coordinates participant tests and procedures.
- Collects data as required by the protocol. Assures timely completion of CRFs.
- Maintains adequate inventory of study supplies as deemed appropriate.
- Completes study documentation and maintains study files in accordance with ERC requirements and policies and procedures including, but not limited to, consent forms, source documentation, narrative notes if applicable, and CRFs.
- Maintains effective and ongoing communication with research participants and PI during the course of the study.
- Works with the PI to manage the day to day activities of the study including problem solving, communication and protocol management.
- Manages study data and completes data entry appropriately.
- Involvement in qualitative research which entails coordinating interviews and focus groups with study participants, facilitating and observing focus groups and taking notes, and transcribing all audio data files.
- Performs any other task requested by the Head of Unit.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Minimum 3 years’ previous experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage more than one project
- Ability to work more than one shift
- Good attention to detail
- Computer experience required – Microsoft word and excel
- Bilingual – Arabic & English
- Translation skills
- Experience transcribing
Diploma after high school or Bachelor’s degreeApply for this Vacancy