Receptionist - Health Information Management
Language : Arabic & English
Years of Experience : 3
Closing Date : 31 December 2020
Manages and maintains patient health information including patient data, clinic schedule, patient appointments and day-to-day activities of confirming appointments, rescheduling appointments and clinics, guiding patients, answering all patient’s inquiries and completing statistical data related to patient care and services offered
- Open patient files and complete the registration process (personal patient cards, index cards, and personal patient data) through the Institute’s appointment/medical records software application.
- Follow-up with referring parties when referral information is incomplete.
- Prepare patient files for newly admitted patients and assemble medical records into standard order.
- Setting patient appointments and calling them to reconfirm their appointments.
- Ensure relevant patient files are available for appointment at clinics and obtain the signature of the nurse receiving the files, in accordance to daily schedules and appointments.
- Apply the ‘out guide’ and ‘medical requisition form’ booking system when receiving patient files from, or when returning them to, the medical filing room or when receiving patient files from other clinics.
- Prepare clinic schedules and resolve cancellations and re-scheduling issues.
- Prepare clinical appointment lists and other patient information requests, as required by DDI clinical staff.
- Prepare clinical medical forms, by adding patient information, prior to the patient’s appointment.
- Receive patient files from clinical nurses, ensuring new records are entered in the standard order and are correctly stamped and signed.
- Return patient files to the medical filing room, while making sure to store the patient files in accordance with the filing system of the medical filing room.
- Provide information of general nature to authorized requestors.
- Maintain confidentiality, security and access control for medical files
- Perform other related duties as assigned by HIM Supervisor
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Minimum 3 years’ previous experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work more than one shift
- Good attention to detail
- Computer experience required – Microsoft word and excel
- Bilingual – Arabic & English
Diploma after high school or Bachelor degree
Apply for this Vacancy