Research Assistant - National Dasman Diabetes Biobank
Language : English
Years of Experience : 2-3
Closing Date : 22 April 2018
Responsible for handling NDDB sample processing, storage, distribution and data management & analysis and related activities
- Coordinate the collection, sample preparation, storage and distribution of biological materials for NDDB in line with the policies and procedures
- Responsible for document digitization and data base management
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of chemicals, equipment and consumables maintained within NDDB laboratory
- Assist with sample tracking, equipment handling, storage devices monitoring, and sample inventory.
- Ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures of the research laboratories
- Ability to come in on weekends (1~2 times for 1-2 hours a month) for sample handling and other procedures as needed
- Strictly maintain confidentiality in handling with research participants’ related information.
- Any other duties assigned by Head of Unit, NDDB
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- At least two – three years of experience in research laboratories
- Understanding of general research objectives
- Must be highly motivated and able to work under supervision
- Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.