Research Associate - National Dasman Diabetes Biobank
Language : English
Years of Experience : 3-5
Closing Date : 22 April 2018
Responsible for handling National Dasman Diabetes Biobank (NDDB) sample processing, storage, distribution and data management & analysis and related activities independently
- Coordinate the collection, sample preparation, storage and distribution of biological materials for NDDB in line with the policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the writing and updating/reviewing of all NDDB’s SOPs and FORMS (sample procurement and withdrawal) for use within the core facility.
- Responsible for document digitization, data base management and statistical analysis.
- Assist with sample tracking, equipment handling, storage devices monitoring, and sample inventory.
- Ensure research experiments are performed as per the specifications.
- Maintain records of all experiments performed and data collected, compile and tabulate data, provide analysis of results.
- Ensures compliance with safety standards and procedures of the research laboratories.
- Ability to come in on weekends (1~2 times for 1-2 hours a month) for sample handling and other procedures as needed.
- Strictly maintain confidentiality in handling with research participants’ related information.
- Any other duties assigned by Head of Unit, NDDB.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Master of Science in Biotechnology or Molecular Biology
- At least 3-5 years of experience in area of research specialization
- Experience with molecular and cellular biological techniques strongly preferred.
- Experience working with mice or willingness to be so trained is essential.
- Understanding of general research objectives.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis using SPSS and/or SAS-JMP.
- Thorough technical and theoretical understanding of Principal Investigator's research objectives.