Associate Biostatistician - Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Core Facility
Years of Experience : 3-5
Closing Date : 21 April 2018
Assist in providing statistical analysis support to the project investigators and researchers under direction. Involves in creating and maintaining multi-year datasets and working with researchers on completion of primary and secondary analyses of these datasets. In addition to data analysis considerations, the expectation is to develop statistical methods and computational tools needed to address the scientific questions of the projects.
- Participates in study design, data management and statistical analysis for new and ongoing research projects
- Provide support for data quality control, assessment, analysis and reporting for multiple research projects
- Provide guidance and participate in writing statistical plans for grants and of papers for publication
- Comply with procedures in accordance with reproducible research
- Produce tables and graphs in publication-quality form as per need of the project investigators
- Create and maintain documentation of statistical methods and programming code
- Work in a team to absorb new concepts quickly and desire to learn
- Addressing the queries of investigators regarding project statistics
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head of core facility.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics or Statistics with 3-5 years of direct research experience in case-control and cohort studies, epidemiology, statistical genetics, clinical trials, standard and non-standard biostatistical analysis.
- Proficiency in a statistical programming and analysis tools: R, MATLAB, SAS or related software.
- Proficiency with desktop statistics software: SPSS, JMP, Minitab or related software
- Strong working knowledge of descriptive statistics and multivariable modeling (e.g., linear, logistic, ordinal)
- Experience with developing, evaluating and applying disease risk prediction models
- Good interpersonal skills in interacting with project investigators and understanding their problems
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to convey biostatistics principles and concepts to non-specialists in a clear and precise manner and advise on relevant software and tools
- Multitasking capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstration of skills through research publications is strongly preferred