Research Specialist in Metabolomics - Functional Proteomics & Metabolomics
Language : English
Years of Experience : 3
Closing Date : 1 April 2018
Assist with developing and implementing metabolomics approaches for elucidating specific metabolites in relation to diabetes, its risk factors and complications. Key work will include the application of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS)-based analysis of clinical, animal and in vitro samples as well as linking data to various clinical and omics research data in a systems biology approach to expand our knowledge on mechanisms behind the diabetes.
- Developing and implementing targeted as well as untargeted metabolomics work flows using LC-MS.
- Maintaining and operating high-flow LC-MS/MS, and related equipments
- Interacting with and advising internal and external collaborators with regard to experiments and scientific approaches
- Processing, analyzing, and interpreting data and reporting findings to investigators and the unit head
- Write/contribute to research proposals and develop alternative plans for their execution.
- Participate in the supervision/training and management of staff and students assigned to projects.
- Present and discuss progress reports on a regular basis and communicate scientific results in scientific publications and meetings.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Bsc, MSc or Ph.D. in mass spectrometry or bioanalytical chemistry
- Experience in small molecule mass spectrometry as well as biological sample preparation techniques
- Demonstrated experience in LC-MS-based metabolomics, preferably Orbitrap instruments, and developing/implementing sample preparation procedures for various types of metabolomics samples
- Experience in metabolomics data acquisition and analysis
- Ability to work independently as well as part of collaborative teams
- Excellent communication skills in oral and written English are mandatory